Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What a weekend!

Sorry guys... I know everyone is really upset that it's been so long since we updated. We're trying but life just gets in the way sometimes, ya know? Anyway, Hilary here to tell you what's going on.

First of all, last weekend was my birthday, of course, and I turned the big two-one. Mom and Aunt Barb and Sandy all came to visit me. They didn't get here until quite late Thursday night so I barely got to see them until Friday at lunch. They came to eat lunch with me at work and meet the people I work with and of course embarrass the crap out of me with balloons. LOL.

Anyway, then after I got home from work I walk into the apartment and it is CRAZY decorated... looking totally awesome... and the best part was... a TABLE!!! A table and chairs was one of Aunt Barb and Uncle Kyle's birthday presents to me and I have to say it was the best because I've been wanting one so badly. Then Dan and I realized that with the exception of our bed, all of the non-college provided furniture in our house comes from Aunt Barb. We've got two chairs which were hand-me-downs from her house and then the table of course. It's kind of funny.

Anyway, we had a magnificent dinner Friday night, with cherry cheesecake cooked by mom, and I got to open presents and I got a lot of wonderful ones. Lots of cute clothes, a blender and a rice cooker, a perfect brownie pan, and lots of books. Oh, and LOTS of really adorable socks, which is great, because I've worn holes in almost every pair I previously owned. I'm thinking of making a quilt out of all the socks I've worn out and or lost the matches to. Because I have so many cute ones and I can't bear to throw them out but they aren't usable anymore. Only I don't know how to make a quilt, so that might be a problem.

Also, a very big thank you to anyone who sent me birthday cards / presents in the mail. I got enough birthday money to buy that sweater dress I'd been wanting so when it comes in the mail I'll have to post pictures.

Saturday was pretty great too. We went to this little town called Angelica and poked around in some antique shops and then had a great lunch at this little tiny family owned restaurant where the family actually lives upstairs... it was way cool... it was in a house that was built in the 1840's. Then we went home and I had my birthday / Halloween costume party with my friends so that was fun. After the party was "officially" over a couple friends stayed and we watched 80's movies: The Goonies and Back to the Future.

Sunday was sad, because everybody had to leave, but not before we had brunch at Friendly's and then were able to go to the Blockbuster going out of business every DVD in our store is $10 or less sale. Dan and I got like... 10 new movies for our shelves including the three mom bought for me. We are WAY overflowing our DVD shelves, lol.

Anyway, that was the weekend and it was very awesome. Some not so awesome news, however, is that Dan has some sort of injury to his leg and we have no idea what it is. It started hurting, seemingly randomly, several weeks ago. He has been to the doctor 3 times now but it is steadily getting worse and the doctor can't seem to figure out WHAT is wrong. He may have to go in for an MRI and he starts physical therapy next week. So please pray.

Thanks,
Hilary

3 comments:

  1. Why is he going in for PT if they don't know what's wrong with his leg? I'd think that they should know what's wrong with it first before they start PT. I mean, what if it's dangerous to move the leg because it may cause further damage without doing some healing first? I don't know. I'm not a doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ELMBLAD's ROCK!!!

    Glad you had a great b'day....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a great #21 birthday. Make sure that Dan does NOT have a blood clot in his leg before you do anything else! It takes a special vascular x-ray for that. Sometimes blood clots show up for no reason at all. In the meantime, if possible, put warm compresses on the sore area for about 20 minutes, and then the next time, use ice for the same time period, then switch back to warm again. Back and forth like that.

    I'm going through some very difficult personal trials and just can't seem to function very well right now. All I can do is get through an hour at a time right now. This too shall pass.......

    ReplyDelete