Saturday, September 19, 2009

Christina Ricci Looks Better With A Pig Nose

That's right, I said it. Dan and I finally got around to watching Penelope, that movie that came out a few years ago with her having a pig nose, and it was supposed to be a modern day fairy tale. It was pretty good, and I enjoyed it, and it had some great messages about loving yourself the way you are... but when the "curse" was broken and Christina Ricci got her real nose back... well, both Dan and I were like... she was cuter before! Lol.

Today was an AWESOME day. Dan and I went out for a day on the town. Grocery shopping, dinner at Applebee's (our favorite restaurant) and just an all around good time. An amazing thing happened, too. Dan broke his glasses a month ago, during the moving in process. Something got sat on them and the arms snapped. So whilst we were at Wal-mat we decided to go to the vision center and have them checked out. We asked if they were fixable, and they were like, no. Bummer. But the lady said she could put his lenses in a new frame, and found one that looked almost identical to his current, busted frames. We were like... can we afford it? Then she was like, well these frames are only $18. $18! We were like, heck yeah! So now Dan has his glasses back, and all for under $20. I was so afraid when they were busted that it would be so expensive to replace/fix them and then $18! What a blessing!

I haven't gotten new shoes yet, but I bought new insoles and they seem to be doing the trick. So maybe I can get away with forcing my shoes to last one more year. Come on shoes, you can do it!

I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow. I'm also considering dying it blonde. I get bored with my hair way too often, lol! I'll update later with pictures after I get it done.

Love,
Hilary

4 comments:

  1. Blonde? Send a picture when it is done!! Glad you and Dan had such a wonderful day on Saturday. Sometimes you just need a day of being together,not doing anything in particular, no time schedule, just enjoying each other's company.
    See you soon,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I forgot to say what an awesome outcome with Dan's glasses. God truly watches over us - doesn't He !!!!! In all things, big and small.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair color is made beautiful and perfect. Why be discontent with what God saw fit for you? His creation.

    Wonderful about the glasses! The Lord blesses in ways that are truly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome about the glasses issue, and your shoes issue. Your hair color? It's fine, I color my hair too because I'm not ready to look 58 yet, lol!

    Glad you had a great day together, God is good..... ALL the time!

    Love,
    Aunt Marta

    ReplyDelete