Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's the Ides of September!

Hmm... somehow that isn't nearly as powerful as the Ides of March. Nevertheless...

Hilary again:

Guess what everybody. I need new shoes. Now, I say that on a regular basis, because I LOVE shoes. Usually, I need the pair of shoes I'm coveting like I need a hole in my head... or like I currently need THIS really, really pretty sweater dress at Victoria's Secret that costs $80. Of course I don't NEED it, I just WANT it really, really, really badly. But this time, guess what. I really do NEED the shoes... and I don't WANT to purchase them. Is that a switch or what? The problem is, my work shoes are worn out. They've very much outlived their usefulness. They are holey and they are no longer supportive and I've been dealing with massive, massive back pain. I really just DON'T want to pay for practical shoes. How boring. Oh well, I suppose I'll try replacing the insoles first, but if that doesn't work, shell out the cash for boring, practical shoes I must. After all, breathing is kind of a necessity.

Other practical things that I don't like paying money for include:
$160 textbooks. Seriously. $160 for one book. Ridiculous!
Gasoline that is creeping ever closer to hitting the $3 per gallon mark again.
Paper checks. Why do they have to cost money? You use them AS money.
Etc, etc, etc.

Anyway, there's not really much going on here this week. It's pretty slow and boring. Just thought I'd give you all a little update before you thought we didn't love you anymore.

Love,
Hilary

3 comments:

  1. You're funny Hilary, but you speak the truth! I don't know about you, but I shop the second-hand stores quite often including Goodwill. Perhaps you can find some shoes in one of those places? You can clean them out with antibacterial wipes - it's what I do.

    BTW, that sweater dress is lovely, I hope you can find the $ to get it. I think it would look great on you.

    Love,
    Aunt Marta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might I suggest that you could ask the "birthday fairy" to help you with these NEEDS? Rumor has it you have one of those coming soon. Boring is sometimes good; enjoy it.

    BTW - when you use sweater dress and Victoria's Secret in the same sentence it makes me nervous. ;-)

    Love ya,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes please, "Birthday Fairy," brown, size large, and if you don't mind could you throw in a pair of matching boots? LOL. I think it's a bit greedy to expect the birthday fairy to drop $80 on me, don't you agree? But no need to be nervous... Victoria's Secret actually has GREAT clothes. Too expensive for my budget, of course, but worth drooling over nonetheless... take a look at the link if you doubt my word.

    ReplyDelete