Friday, June 12, 2009

I know it's late but....

I can't really sleep so I thought I'd post a little update.

Today I took the day off to recoup from wednesday night. I've felt so bad all day I don't really know why. So I tried to rest up and just have a little fun today. I played video games all day and the only church related thing I did was worship band practice, which actually went really well. The instrumental special that we're putting together for sunday morning is coming together really nice. I'm actually really enjoying playing drums again. It's sorta carthartic and that's been really good for me, plus it's just plain fun.

Well that's all for now.

Thanks for all the prayers and kind words. I love you all and I hope you keep on reading our blog!

Dan

3 comments:

  1. Keep you head up! I am glad you had good day yesterday!! It will get easier the more you do it. New things are sometimes hard at first. Just remember we love you and are proud of you just for trying.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up that drummin'. I've been playing drums on Rock Band and I don't think you want me to get better than you, real drums or not. =P

    I'm glad you had fun yesterday, too. Yes, work is important, but rest and relaxation is important too. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Aunt" Marta ^___^June 13, 2009 at 2:33 AM

    Hey Dan/Hilary - I feel in my heart, you're still grieving your mom, Dan. Grieving is a process. My mom and dad (Hilary's grandparents) have been gone now for 4 years and 2 years, and I still miss them and cry for them sometimes.

    Just be yourselves, and I know things will get better.

    One time many years ago, one of our co-pastors (Pastor Dante) decided to take a sabbatical from his ministry. The other pastor (Pastor Dave) was OK with this situation, but the first Sunday after Pastor Dante left for a trip, Pastor Dave was trying to preach, but then he stopped....sighed....and was truthful in telling his membership that he missed Pastor Dante, he was a little scared of the future, and he felt he just couldn't go on. With that, all of us, little by little, went up to the altar and hugged and loved on Pastor Dave, encouraged him, told him we would all pray for him, and that really helped him a lot. Pastor Dante came back after about 3 months, but then retired soon thereafter. Now, 12 years later, the church has 4 pastors (with Pastor Dave still the senior pastor) and we are growing by leaps and bounds.

    I told you that to let you know that pastors do get tired and down sometimes, they are human. Please remember that it's OK, we're human, God made us this way....so we can rely on Him.

    ReplyDelete