Monday, August 31, 2009

Alright so I'm a little late

Ok I admit I'm a little late with this update, but we've been so sidetracked by stuff. I am honestly trying here.

Anyway Hilary is off to work this morning and I have an hour before my first class of the year. So I thought I'd give you all a little update about where we are.

The past week was full of unpacking, unpacking, and oh yea did I mention unpacking. We still aren't done but the end is in sight.

I rented MLB 2k9 and have played it a bit. I haven't played a lot of new sports games recently so when I started to play this game I was shocked at how awesome the graphics are. The players look so real. It was neat.

Speaking of games, if you haven't heard about SWTOR, then you need to watch this http://kotaku.com/5343638/the-old-republic-20-minute-developer-walkthrough

It is a 20 minute video broken into four parts detailing in depth the game's story aspect. It is so neat to see an MMO with real story. Also it is star wars so you can't go wrong there.

As for school, I'm all set to go. This semester I mean business and I want to show the world what I can do when I actually put my mind to it. I'm tired of being the guy with all the wasted potential, so this year I'm going to leave no stone unturned and I promise that I will have my best semester by gpa that I've had so far. I even dressed up today in an effort to show my professors that I mean business. Let the school year begin!!

Dan

3 comments:

  1. You go, Dan! Show those professors who's boss. =P

    I really believe you can do it Dan. You're smart. But, as someone who has attempted the exact same thing you're doing many times (I'm sure you've done it too) I just has this to say: be prepared for the motivation drop. That's the key turning point that I have the most trouble getting past. You always START motivated, but after a week or two you get sick of it. Be prepared and don't let your guard down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Steveo - you are smart and you can do it! Remember, "I can do all things with Christ who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13
    You will have many, many people holding you up in prayer (you too Steve). It is hard work, but so worthwhile !!
    I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck, Dan!! i'll be praying for you. :)

    ReplyDelete