Sunday, August 2, 2009

Forecast: Tears

Hilary here,

Well, today was our last Sunday in Lisbon. One more week, and then next Saturday we'll be heading to Lauren's wedding (YAY!) and then home. And as excited and anxious as I am to see everybody... I am going to MISS it here!

I cried in Sunday School today as we said goodbye. The teens were fantastic and all gathered around Dan and I in a group hug. Then they kicked us out for secret plotting. I'm frightened.

After Dan preached in church today (he did an AWESOME job by the way, definitely the best he's done ever) we said goodbye to our new family. And they are our family and leaving them is SOOOO hard and I cried again. Then I teared up several times as people were hugging us goodbye.

I imagine there are many more tears in my future the next week. I just can't help it... I've come to love this place and everyone here SOOOOOOO much and the idea of leaving is just painful.

But I love you all and I'm excited to come home and visit!
Love,
Hilary

2 comments:

  1. Hilary and Dan, I can't wait to see you, I've missed you very much this summer. It is a bittersweet time for you, leaving your family in Lisbon. In your first blog this summer you wrote about what you were called to do for the youth this summer:
    "We feel like God is calling us to help them go deeper, and with His help we want to do so. We want to teach them that they each have their own unique story and place in God's kingdom."
    I believe that you have done just that - and the memories of your time in Lisbon will become part of your youth group's "unique story" and will live on in their hearts.

    See you in 4 days !!!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was on a camping trip when you posted this one, sorry, but I did have fun.

    MAYBE God will put you guys back in Lisbon? Never know where He might need you, and I'm sure you two will be open about it.

    I will say, I am very honored to have a nephew who is a Pastor. God bless you Dan and Hilary, and thanks for sharing your summer with all of us. This blog was really awesome. I have learned a lot from you two.

    Love ya,
    Aunt Marta

    ReplyDelete