Monday, July 27, 2009

Duck Duck Goose is a Dangerous Game

Hilary reporting...

Today was the youth group "Snow Day." The teens came over to the church for a snowball fight. The snowballs were really nylons filled with flour, so whenever they hit someone they made a huge POOF! Afterward, the plan was to go to the local ice skating rink. We finished the snowball fight early, however, and ended up playing duck duck goose while we were waiting to leave. When I was up, I was running away from the "goose" chasing me and tried to slide into my seat. BIG mistake! I ended up falling right on my outer hip and thigh. It hurt SOOO badly. As usual, I was laughing and crying at the same time.

Eventually we did end up at the ice skating rink. Since it was attached to the mall, and the kids don't get to go to the mall very often, not a lot of them skated for very long. That was okay though. They all stuck together and were good. Anyway, I skated for about an hour and a half of the two hours... and I'm exhausted! My legs are totally jelly; I think it's been three years or more since I've actually been ice skating.

It was a good time. Two days from now, Wednesday, is our last youth group meeting. Then it's Kingdom Bound, a pool party, and the end of the life and times of Hilary and Dan in Lisbon NY.

Love ya!
Hilary

5 comments:

  1. Lol. I agree that Duck Duck Goose is a rather dangerous game, or maybe that's just because I'm twice the height and weight that I was when I last played that game. If I tried to do that now, I can see pain. Though, it can't be nearly as dangerous and that dang zoo game Dan and I had to play in German class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bitter Sweet, I am sure, babe; For all involved. Enjoy the time you have left, take lots of pictures and remember everyone will always have the memories.

    With regard to Duck, Duck, Goose, I am beginning to think your youthful brain is writing checks your nearly 21 year old body can't cover. BE CAREFUL!!! You are NOT as young as you once were. It's called a "children's game" for a reason. :-P You are your father's child that's for sure.

    Love ya,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is Dan, but I couldn't help but respond with all my ire and angst towards Mrs. Pavkovic for that God forsaken zoo game. I think more people got hurt during one of her classes playing that then all the football injuries during football season at SCHS.

    I miss you Stephen, thanks for the memories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Guys, Just wanted to wish you Happy Anniversary!!! Two years, where does the time go? I hope you had a wonderful day together and that the next year brings lots of happiness and love. Enjoy your last couple of weeks, I'm sure they will go fast!!! Love to you both Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry this is late.........happy anniversary from me too.

    Sounds like you had a lot of fun playing duck duck goose and skating and at the mall. That snowball fight sounds like fun. I'll have to mention that to our youth pastors, which are a husband and wife as well.

    Hope you're not bruised Hilary, sounds like your legs are OK though, if you went skating.

    I've been enjoying reading and learning from your blog, I'm glad you had one. Be nice if it could continue.

    Belated happy #2. :]

    Aunt Marta

    ReplyDelete