Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Fingernails Look Awesome!


Hilary here...

So since Dan went back to Michigan this weekend to go to his dad's wedding, I'm here in Lisbon holding down the fort. I decided to have a girls day for the youth group girls... no boys allowed! We baked cookies, and then we watched Confessions of a Shopaholic and did manicures and pedicures. It was a blast.

Only three girls came, plus the Pastor's wife, but it was kind of nice to have such a small, intimate gathering. Most of our youth group is involved in marching band, and they had a parade this weekend, so that's where the rest of them were. It was nice to have individual time. They all seemed to enjoy it, and it turns out one of them is an aspiring nail artist. Not really, but she totally could be when she grows up... she's FANTASTIC. My nails look incredible. The only problem was, EVERYBODY wanted her to do their nails, so she did the most work.

We had one little mishap... Pastor's daughter (she's four) came over and wanted to "help." It was totally an accident, but a bottle of nail polish got knocked over, staining two blankets a (rather beautiful) shade of bright blue. Anybody know how to get nail polish out of fabric? We already tried nail polish remover...

Anyway, I'm glad the girls and I got to bond. It's so sad, they were all expressing how much they don't want me to leave at the end of the summer. Well... right back at ya girls... I'm in the same boat.

Love,
Hilary

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Your nails DO look awesome. Keep them that way for as long as you can.

    Sounds like your little group had fun today, which is awesome!

    I have no idea how to get nail polish out of fabric - possibly try rubbing alcohol? However, if nail polish remover didn't work, I don't know if rubbing alcohol would. You may be stuck with pretty bright blue patches on the blankets. I heard once if you put an ice cube on dried wax it is supposed to crumble and come off easily, not sure if that would work with nail polish in fabric or not.

    I saw Barb and Kyle at a memorial I went to with Jeff today, for a childhood friend's father. It was nice to see family again!

    Love you guys, take care! :]

    Aunt Marta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hilary, Pretty nails!!! I'm glad you had a girls night,sounds like fun. I bet it will be hard to leave, it always is when you make such good friends and feel like you have accomplished something great. It will be nice to see you though, we miss you both. Love Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might just be me, but I don't think your nails look all that good. =?

    But, it's good to hear you're holding down the fort effectively. Sounds like everyone had fun. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Post 1, take 2...

    Your nails remind me of spiderman.

    I miss you. When are you coming home? (I know we've discussed this, I just don't remember.)

    Girls only is the way to go, baby! I'm glad you had fun. Did I mention I miss you?

    Well, G2G

    Your GPBF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo Hoo, my post to Dan worked, so I will try my luck again.

    Yes, the way to get fingernail polish out is fingernail polish remover, try pouring it through the fabric till the color is out? Also, depending on the color of the blanket, sometimes peroxide takes the color out. If you put it in the sun and keep it damp with the peroxide you may be able to get the blue out. That said, it can also get the color out of the blanket. Pick your poison, I guess.

    Love ya,
    T

    ReplyDelete