Thursday, July 9, 2009

Holy Kids Batman!

Hilary speaking...

VBS has been this week and it has been AWESOME!!! There've been over 70 kids each night and it is CRAZY around here! What an exhausting, thrilling, wonderful week. Dan's been spending all week as a crew leader for kindergarten and first graders, and I've been floating. I spent one night co-crew-leading with Dan, was the storyteller Tuesday night (the ten plagues,) spent Wednesday night as a crew leader for the 4th 5th and 6th graders, and then tonight was the storyteller again (crossing the Red Sea.)

In addition to VBS activities, this has been a busy busy week for youth group. Monday night we had an ice cream pig-out, and today we had a beach trip in the afternoon and a bonfire after VBS. It was a HUGE success. There were something like TWENTY teens! A lot of our regulars didn't even come... several of them were new... incoming seventh graders that were attending VBS that we invited. It was insane. We passed out information for our upcoming events... please pray that all these kids would come back! There are two in particular that I got to know during my night working with the 4th 5th and 6th graders at VBS that are just really on my heart, and I'm praying for them especially. But if these kids keep coming back... well, we'll have just EXPLODED!!! I am SO excited right now... it was truly a GREAT night!!!

Much Love!
Hilary

P.S. I am calling for a roll call. Dan told me he doesn't believe anybody but Steve-O and Aunt Marta are reading our blog anymore. So if you read this... comment, even if it's just to say you read it, so I can prove Dan wrong! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Here! :-) I try repeatedly to respond on certain topics, but for some unknown reason I either meet with an error message, or I can't go through the AOL system? Like 2 minutes ago for example. ARRR

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it every day !! Aunt Barb and I read your 4th of July post - have you mailed her a piece of that yummy cake ?? :-)

    I am so proud of you both - love you and miss you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys, I read the blog all the time. Thanks for keeping us informed. Talk to you soon. Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. What up, Daniel. Here I am. Reading your blog. YOu can rest easy now. :)

    Sorry I'm not always up with the commenting, I'll try to do better.

    I want ice cream.

    Love Sandy

    PS - Bride wars rocks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you feel so few people read this. That's why I try to post as often as I can because I know how hard it is to keep up with these type of things when you don't believe anyone is reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading them, sorry if I'm not commenting right now, as I've been pretty busy too. LOTS of activity at my church also. LOTS of stuff coming up in the next few weeks. I LOVE summer, but it goes soooooooo fast! I just want to be lazy and enjoy every day, but I can't do that.

    I've been thinking of you guys a lot, and keeping you in my prayers during my quiet times. :)

    Love - - Aunt Marta

    ReplyDelete